Recycling Tips at Work
- Bring reusable containers/cups from home to eat and drink from.
Avoid using disposable containers such as styrofoam and paper.
- Use e-mail and reuse interdepartmental envelopes
- Click here for a
printable form (This file is a Microsoft WORD
- Use the "Print Preview" option instead of printing your
"work in progress" or print drafts on the second side of used paper.
Also use both sides to print documents.
- Utilize KUMC recycling sites. You can even bring items from home.
- After washing your hands, use 1 to 2 paper
towels instead of 3 to 4.
- If you eat in the cafeteria, use reusable
- Get the word out...tell your friends and
family to recycle!!
- Confidential Recycling is done by Shred Time. Please contact Marcia Gilliland at 588-7205 if you would like to arrange for this in your office on campus.
Recycling Tips at Home
- Turn off the water when brushing your teeth or washing your
face or dishes.
- Use cloth napkins.
- Reuse plastic/paper bags from the grocery store.
- Use cloth rags instead of paper towels.
- Turn off the lights if you are leaving the room
for a an extended period of time.
- Utilize recycling drop-off sites near your
home. Click here for a list of local sites. (This file is a Microsoft WORD)
- Do not bag lawn clippings particularly in
plastic bags, compost them instead. To learn more about composting go